Oct 21, 2011

"Pumpkin Patch"


18" x 24", oil. Please contact me for pricing.

October is definitely my favorite month, and pumpkins are one of my favorite fruits. Last weekend I was driving through a stretch of countryside about 20 miles from my house that I have never been to before and drove past this large field of miniature pumpkins. It's located on rt 724 just outside Birdsboro, PA. Luckily I had my camera with me and I pulled off, almost into a ditch, to get a few reference shots. I'm so glad I had that camera! I usually do a small sketch or mini painting to experiment with the design and get familiar with the scene before scaling up to a larger canvas but this time I just grabbed an 18x24 I had laying around and dove right in! This design is based on elements from three different photos.

No comments: