Aug 17, 2011

"Breakfast on the Beach", 12" x 12" x 1.5", oil on "gallery-wrapped" canvas (stapled on back - painted around the sides).

I did a mini version of this before (6"x8"...sold) and like it so much i decided to do a larger version. I was recently asked by a local gallery for some gallery-wrapped pieces (unframed, painted around the sides), so this is the first one I did in that format. I think it turned out great; I'm very happy with it. I usually frame everything for exhibitions but this one really works in the unframed style. It looks contemporary enough to be hung without a frame. I think I'm gonna do a bunch more like this...simple, colorful and contemporary looking. Please feel free to contact me if you are interested in this peice or have any suggestions for future themes or commissions! I love feedback.

No comments: