Sep 20, 2008

Angus

Just finished this 8" x 10" pet portrait for a client and thought I'd post it. It was done in pencil on high-quality drawing paper. These are always enjoyable to do because I love animals and it's challenging to capture the emotion on their face, especially in their eyes, which is much different than the emotional response from me that I'm trying to capture in a landscape. Pets have their own emotions and that couples with your emotional response to their expression and body language. The best pet portraits should simply make you go "awwwww" when they work well. I'm also adding it to the pet portrait gallery on my mural website, where you can see more more pet and house portraits, as well as murals and decorative painting commissions:
http://www.AMuralForAllSeasons.com

No comments: